Mag Stalter went straight to "hex" from the internet.


Pre-epidemic disease, how was your life? Can you describe what you were doing, your career status, your life, where you were living? what was happening?


I moved to New York six or seven months before the epidemic. I spent every night of my life on different shows, and I was like, "Oh, this is a dream. This is a New York dream. I think when I first started getting a traction online I remember, just before the epidemic, my first two videos that never went away - didn't go viral, but a lot of people were watching, more than usual for me. I think there was one video - it There was a woman in the movie who almost sticks to the edge before she goes out to find her true love, or something like that.


I remember that one.


And I was like, "Oh, my God, wow, I'm really doing this. I'm in New York and I'm doing these shows at night, and people are watching my stuff online. Then I think The real focus came with the epidemic. It really changed everything, and [I] wasn't focusing on people trying to see it, to be honest. I've been doing this really crazy themed Instagram live all night long. Was, because I was so lonely, and I was like, "This is a fun way to feel connected." Or even posting things, I am, like, "Oh, it's like a creative shop. "Because we can't perform live right now," and it was really scary and sad for me. I was just trying to swim. I was just trying to lose my mind. It was awful, but then things It was also happening online for me.


It's a strange combination of a terrifying moment for the world that ended a good time for Meg's career. I'd like to see one of the videos that went viral during the epidemic. "Hi, gay" was June 2021. This was Pride Month video.


That video, I was literally walking out the door. It was a month of pride, and I've just seen a lot of ads from places that are usually never proud. It was just, like, something clicked - where it was, like, "God, that would be so funny."


This is clearly a big irony of how companies choose Pride's language to sell their products during June. To me, the funny thing is that it's more than that. You see the character who doesn't just use the camera to stay in, trying to be able to present and failing and dragging him away.


The whole thing, I'm reading from the computer, so everything I said was written down. I usually like to improve with videos, but the one, I was like, "It would be ridiculous if it looked scripted and it looked like I was reading the script." I think the thing I am drawn to, when people see or be influenced by a character, are people who are really loud themselves. They are different, but they are themselves so much that it doesn't matter what other people think of them.


Well, there's something about your characters that represents the breadth of American stupidity. I like this video where you play a woman in her car who just went to Starbucks and is angry.


Yes.


Of course, we've all followed people who are angry about the "war on Christmas" or whatever. In a way, online culture has made everyone a kind of on-camera actor. You really get the feeling that there are a lot of people performing for the camera these days who are not ready for it. You can see them trying and failing. Looks like we're all actors now.


Everyone feels this pressure. Everyone wants to be famous or viral. It's fun to joke and find out, like, "Why do people feel that way? Why do people feel pressured to do that?" This is ridiculous about the front video characters, because, like this video, a lot of people thought it was real. That's what's so ridiculous.


Really?


Yeah Al that sounds pretty crap to me, Looks like BT aint for me either. They just feel like, "Oh, well, I know this woman." Like this church woman, even though she was saying crazy things about a Starbucks employee and celebrating Halloween, she is very real.


What kind of things were people saying on Twitter that they thought was real?


People were angry with her, saying, "Wow, I don't think a Christian should shout at a barista" or, like, "You're not a real Christian." Or "I don't think God would like that." The other thing is I really like the low quality of the videos because it almost feels like this person's even more real - because it looks like they filmed it themselves. The funny thing is, if people don't follow you, you can have fun. So much of this content is now online that you can submit your content and people think you're serious, and that's really part of the fun for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where are the billions of rupees spent on autonomous vehicles by American and Chinese companies going?

Even cute rats are dangerous - reasons to keep rats away from your home

Russia and China have called for a reduction in coal and carbon emissions as a result of climate change.